ESBN Executive Council
The work of the ESBN is led by an Executive Council, under the following terms of reference:
- Oversee and provide direction to the work of ESBN in consultation with the ESCAP secretariat.
- Represent the business sector and provide business perspectives on development issues in the Asia-Pacific region at meetings of the legislative bodies of ESCAP, i.e. the Commission and its Committees, and other intergovernmental meetings upon request, including the annual Asia-Pacific Forum on Sustainable Development.
- Provide advice to the ESCAP secretariat on its programmes.
- Provide guidance, direction and overall support to the Asia-Pacific Business Forum (APBF).
The members of the ESBN Executive Council are:
President: Lee George Lam, Chair of ESBN Task Force on Banking and Finance; Non-Executive Chairman - Hong Kong and ASEAN Region & Chief Adviser to Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets Asia, Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (Hong Kong) Limited, Hong Kong, China
Vice-president: David Morris, Chair, Asia-Pacific Business Forum 2019
- Akash Bhavsar, Chair of ESBN Task Force on Innovation and Competitiveness; Managing Director, Skyquest Technology Group, India
- Deborah Biber, Chief Executive, Pacific Basin Economic Council (PBEC)
- Pedro Eloy, Chair of ESBN Task Force on Youth and Women Entrepreneurship; Chief Executive Officer, Pelham Grey; Hong Kong, China
- Asif Ibrahim, Chair of ESBN Task Force on Disaster and Climate Risk Reduction; Vice Chairman, Newage Group of Industries, Bangladesh
- Ju Song Lee, Executive Director, International Chamber of Commerce, Regional Office, Asia
- Barbara Meynert, Senior Advisor, Fung Group, Hong Kong, China/Thailand
- Narayana Murthy, Founder, Infosys Limited, India
- Phang Yew Kiat, Chair of ESBN Task Force on Digital Economy; Vice Chair and CEO, Chong Sing Holdings Fin Tech, Hong Kong, China
- Tariq M. Rangoonwala, Chairman, Rangoonwala Group of Companies, Pakistan
- Carson Wen, Chair of ESBN Task Force on Green Business; Founder and Chairman, Bank of Asia, British Virgin Islands and BOA Financial Group, Hong Kong, China
- Kosala Wickramanayake, President, International Business Council, Sri Lanka
- Tan Sri Michael O.K. Yeoh, CEO & Director, Asian Strategy &Leadership Institute, Chairman World Chinese Economic Summit, Malaysia
- Xiaochen Zhang, President Fintech4Good, China