SPECA Working Group on Innovation and Technology for Sustainable Development
The Working Group on Innovation and Technology for Sustainable Development (WG on ITSD) is a subsidiary body under the UN Special Programme for the Economies of Central Asia (SPECA), comprising senior policymakers, researchers, decision-makers, and implementers from the SPECA countries responsible for developing guidance and finding practical solutions to problems identified by the countries.
The WG provides a platform for sharing experiences and discussing issues within the SPECA framework. The consolidated recommendations of the webinar, as outcomes of the WG session, will be presented at the SPECA Governing Council (GC), tentatively scheduled on 20 November 2020.
ESCAP, in cooperation with ECE efforts and strategy, seeks to:
- establish new opportunities for the sharing of good practices among SPECA countries and of best practices by international experts on digital connectivity, as well as innovation policy for sustainable development.
- establish new opportunities for the sharing of experiences among SPECA countries in the implementation of digital inclusion, e-resilience and innovation projects targeting sustainable development.
- seek synergies among SPECA countries in their technology transfer activities and in the practical implementation of digital connectivity and innovation policy for inclusive and sustainable development.
- organize joint capacity-building events on digital connectivity, digital inclusion, and innovation policy for sustainable development.
Discussion points for next steps for:
a) Enhancing seamless digital connectivity for e-resilience under the Asia-Pacific Information Superhighway (AP-IS) initiative;
b) the SPECA Innovation Strategy for Sustainable Development.
For online registration, please go to https://meetings.unescap.org/events/speca-participating-countries-afghan.... Please register by 20 July 2020.
- Concept Note WG ITSD SPECA-Russian.pdf
- Programme webinar 30 July-Russian.pdf
- Online registration manual English & Russian.pdf
- Methodology_SPECA gap analysis_ENG.pdf
- Methodology_SPECA_STI gap analysis_RUS.pdf
- Outline full study_SPECA gap analysis_ENG.pdf
- Outline full study_SPECA gap analysis_RUS.pdf
- Questionnaire_SPECA gap analysis_RUS.xlsx
- List of participants, 7 August.pdf
- SPECA WG on ITSD_PoW 2020_2021-English.pdf
- SPECA WG on ITSD PoW 2020_2021-Russian.pdf
- Decisions of 1st session WG ITSD-English.pdf
- Decisions of 1st session WG ITSD-Russian.pdf
- SPECA_E-Resilience_Survey results-English_0.pdf
- SPECA_E-Resilience_Survey results_Russian.pdf
- SPECA_ Innovation Strategy_Survey results-English.pdf
- SPECA_ Innovation Strategy_Survey results-Russian.pdf
- SPECA Webinar Evaluation-English.pdf
- SPECA Webinar Evaluation-Russian.pdf
- Digital connectivity and e-resilience as a foundation infrastructure, perspectives during Covid 19, ESCAP_0.pdf
- Цифровая связь и электронная устойчивость как фундамент инфраструктуры, ESCAP_0.pdf
- UNECE ATHEY session 2 SPECA WG on ITSD 2020.pdf
- UNECE ATHEY session 5 SPECA WG on ITSD 2020.pdf
- Предложение по интеграции национальных платформ электронной торговли стран СПЕКА, Uzbekistan.pdf
- О ХОДЕ РЕАЛИЗАЦИИ ПОРУЧЕНИЙ ПРЕЗИДЕНТА, Digital Kazakhstan.pdf
- Methodology for national science, technology and innovation (STI) gap assessments of the SPECA countries, European Alliance for Innovation.pdf
- Framing slides, Russian_0.pdf
- SPECA_survey 30 July_FV_0.pdf