E-resilience for Pandemic Recovery: intercountry consultations in preparation for CICTSTI
In the fight against the pandemic digital connectivity and inclusion have become more critical than ever. The core Internet infrastructure networks takes on unprecedented importance. The capacity of technology to absorb and process big data in real-time and deliver bandwidth-intensive high-value-added services instantaneously heavily depends on the resilience of the ICT network infrastructure. In this regard, new emerging opportunities, challenges, and benefits of regional cooperation in East and North-East and North and Central Asia are rising. Notably, on 11 June 2020, the Secretary General’s Roadmap on Digital Cooperation highlighting key collaborative actions was launched.
The ESCAP Secretariat is organizing this virtual meeting in preparations for the Third Session of ESCAP’s Committee on ICT& Science Technology and Innovation (CICTSTI), to be held 19-20 August 2020.
The virtual meeting is gathering policymakers and , representatives from government agencies responsible for ICT, transport, energy infrastructure development, emergency situations and for the SDGs. The focal points from the project’s three pilot countries: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Mongolia are the main target beneficiaries.
Objectives: The virtual meeting aims to review results to date and agree on follow-up activities on infrastructure development policies in energy, ICT and transport in the three target countries. The meeting aims to provide an overview of the feasibility and practical implementation of ESCAP tools, methodologies and guidelines, in line with national priorities and needs. In particular, the meeting aims to discuss:
• Feasibility of developing a single information platform with automation modules on determining compatibility, economic efficiency and identification of infrastructure projects that lend themselves to ICT co-deployment.
• Development of a methodology and simulation model for the development of smart corridors with a particular focus on three potential corridors.
• Enhancing e-resilience and monitoring of e-resilience
Expected outcomes: Policymakers capacity to design and implement relevant policy measures and strategies, which consider cross-sectoral synergy and e-resilience against the demands placed by COVID-19 on ICT networks for better crisis preparedness in future. The meeting aims to enhance the capacity of member states to implement national digital economy strategies, identifying strategic entry points for collaborative actions to further implement the 2019-2022 Master Plan of the Asia-Pacific Information Superhighway. Specific emphasis on the alignment of policies related to infrastructure development in energy, ICT and transport and SDGs will be highlighted.
This is a closed event, by invitation only. Simultaneous Translation will be provided for participants.
For online registration, please go to https://meetings.unescap.org/events/e-resilience-pandemic-recovery-inter.... Please register by 26 June 2020.
Please see materials from the previous RECI project meetings:
• Addressing the Transboundary Dimensions of the 2030 Agenda through Regional Economic Cooperation and Integration in Asia and the Pacific: Kyrgyz Expert Consultation, 22 - 23 October 2019
• Addressing 2030 Agenda through Regional Economic Cooperation and Integration in Asia and the Pacific: Kazakhstan Expert Consultations, 24 - 25 October 2019 https://www.unescap.org/events/addressing-2030-agenda-through-regional-e...
• Addressing 2030 Agenda through Regional Economic Cooperation and Integration in Asia and the Pacific: Mongolia Expert Consultations, 21-22 November 2019 https://www.unescap.org/events/addressing-2030-agenda-through-regional-e...
• An In-Depth National Study on ICT Infrastructure Deployment along Road Transport and Energy Infrastructure in Kyrgyzstan https://www.unescap.org/resources/kyrgyzstan-study-ict-deployment-along-...
• An In-Depth National Study on ICT Infrastructure Deployment with Road Transport and Energy Infrastructure in Kazakhstan https://www.unescap.org/resources/kazakhstan-study-ict-deployment-along-...
• Research Report on ICT infrastructure Co-deployment with Transport and Energy Infrastructures in Mongolia https://www.unescap.org/resources/research-report-ict-infrastructure-co-...
• Multi-Hazard Risk to Exposed Stock and Critical Infrastructure in Central Asia https://www.unescap.org/resources/multi-hazard-risk-exposed-stock-and-cr...
• Infrastructure Financing in Asian Landlocked Developing Countries: Challenges, Opportunities and Modalities https://www.unescap.org/resources/infrastructure-financing-asian-landloc...
• ICT Infrastructure Co Deployment with Transport and Energy Infrastructure in North and Central Asia
- CN_RECI webinar Russian_0.pdf
- E-readinness 3 July, survey & evaluation.pdf
- Webinar Report.pdf
- Webinar Report-Russian.pdf
- Annex 1, list of participants.pdf
- Annex 2, webinar evaluation.pdf
- Annex 2, webinar evaluation-Russian.pdf
- Annex 3, Survey A results, updated_0.pdf
- Annex 3, Survey A results Russian, updated.pdf
- Annex 4, Survey B results.pdf
- Annex 4, Survey B results-Russian.pdf