Company action on climate - driving decarbonization through target setting
APFSD Side Event organized by ESCAP, ESBN, the Global Compact Networks in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and the Philippines and CDP and SBTi.
Limiting warming to 1.5˚C will require emissions to be drastically reduced by 2030 and to reach net-zero by 2050, necessitating major transformations of economies and companies. As governments and businesses across the world are announcing net-zero targets, a number of initiatives exist to guide companies on this journey. Organized by ESCAP, ESBN, the Global Compact Networks in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and the Philippines and CDP/SBTi this session will discuss the importance of corporate emissions target setting and reporting in driving progress on reducing carbon emissions, discuss the benefits for companies, showcase progress in the region and discuss how to drive increased emissions target setting by companies in the region.
Recording of the webinar is available at https://youtu.be/4GVBN_UYgok.
- Company action on climate: Driving decarbonization through target setting. Why, what, how? Mr. Miguel Naranjo,UNFC
- Overview about Science Based Targets, Mr. Alberto Pineda, SBTi
- Before & Beyond Setting Carbon Targets, Mr. Andrew Buay, Singtel
- CDL’s Strategic Pathway Towards A Low Carbon Future, Ms. Esther An, CDL
- C.P. Group’s 2030 Agenda: Climate Action & Net Zero Targets, Mr. Poom Siraprapasiri, CPG
- Mr. Kiatchai Maitriwong, Thailand Greenhouse Gas Management Organization